Operating in Middle Tennessee since 1999, Greenhouse Ministries is a 501(c)3 faith-based, inter-denominational, non-profit organization that reaches out to underprivileged individuals and families in Rutherford County. We provide assistance with food, clothing, job skill training, adult education classes and counseling.
Greenhouse Ministries offers life transformation as volunteers make themselves available to encourage and motivate the clients, to inspire them to dream, to make better choices and needed changes in their lives, to promote wholeness, and to give back to others in the community.
We are located at 309 S. Spring Street in Murfreesboro, TN. We are not open Saturdays-Mondays: Tuesday through Friday we are open 9-4, with client services available 10-3.
Greenhouse Ministries, through local volunteers, provides relational ministries that are designed to inspire, give hope, and change lives.
Greenhouse Ministries’ purpose is two-fold:
- To offer a community-based place for volunteers to share their gifts for the glory of God
- To serve the underserved through planting, watering, and growing up Christians and not-yet Christians by the power of God’s love, nurturing them in a safe place (based on Luke 2:52).
- Food & other assistance
- Nursing clinic
- Adult education classes & tutoring
- Men’s homeless housing program
- Job and housing referrals
- Job skill training
- Programs for Veterans
- Networking services, resources and advocacy
- Community involvement and service
- Special projects
- Volunteer opportunities
- Back Yard Events
- Garden Patch Thrift Shoppe
- reCYCLE Bike Program
Learn more about Greenhouse and partner with us in Planting Hope in the ‘Boro.